Sunday, October 17, 2010

Smitten Weather

...I mean mitten weather!LOL!! Today brings a new challenge from the Krafty Girlz at Kenny K and this week its a sketch from Donna. Yayy! I bet you didnt know I LOVE sketches!LOL! I did have to tweak the sketch a bit b/c I couldnt wait to color up Mrs Claus for this sketch. I mean come on!! She would melt any ice around!LOL!! Mrs Claus was released last week along with several other fabulous images from Kenny including an accesory set so you can turn in of your fave Kenny K images into Christmas images! Gotta love that!!
I resisted coloring her in the traditional red so I went looking through my dp for some inspiration and found this Cosmo Cricket mitten weather dp. I think she is rocking the purple outfit. I added LOTs of sparkle and shine to her too. For her eyes, boots, the bells and her lips I used my very much loved Sakura clear glaze pen. I added frosted lace stickles to all the white parts of her suit and hat. I added sakura gold to her belt and the bells. Then I added some Martha Stewart snow glitter to the ground and snowflakes. Be sure and check out the fabulous creations from the Krafty Girlz here!

Copics- hair e50, e42, e43 (love this combo for ash blonde look!)
outfit-v000, v01, v15
bag-r24, 27, 29
boots-c3, 5, 7
skin-e000,30, 31

11 comments:

Annika said...

ok, she would certainly send Santa's blood pressure through the roof! Pressies for naughty boys only, lol
Hugs
Annika

Neva said...

OMGosh Shannon this is just darling. how adorable that image is.

LINDA said...

OH Shannon, this is simply beautiful.. very lovely coloring and you did a fantastic job with the sketch..
Hugs, Linda

Lisa Lara said...

What a sassy stamp. Hee. Love your coloring as always and snowflakes on the side.

Lisa Foster said...

Love this Shannon! As always your coloring is incredible!
Hugs,
Lisa

Angela said...

I really need to color mine up!!! Soon I hope!! I love that you used non-traditional colors for your card and you have colored her beautifully!!
Hugs:)
Angela

crafty amy said...

Wow she looks so good in a purple and you have worked the sketch so well I am loving the snowflakes :D
Hugs

Amy xx

Jen Shults said...

Oooh! Great card! That image is AWESOME!

Dawn B. said...

This is perfectly colored.. I really like this image.. She is sassy..

Cheryl Valadez said...

Shannon, she is smokin' in lavender! Love the unexpected color palette and all of the fabulous glittery elements! Super card, lady! Hugz, Chery ;D

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Ooohh, another foxy lady! I LOVE her in purple!