Sunday, February 28, 2010

High Hopes Motherhood


Well here is the card I promised you on Tuesday you're just getting it a few days late!LOL!! Man what a week I had! Tuesday night my sis and I went to see the new Tyler Perry play. OMG!! I have NEVER laughed so hard! It was AWESOME!! Wed I had a teacher want a set of 30 all occasion cards that then on Thurs I had a teacher want 36 baby shower invites so I've been busy stamping this week just not stuff to share on my blog.
Okay onto the card with Spring approaching I pulled out all my springy sets with of course includes Easter and Mothers Day sets. I pulled out this adorable HH image I ordered last year that never got a chance to see ink. I had to have this image since of course I have 3 kids but several of my friends and family also have 3 kids so I knew I would get alot of use out of it. I tried using the feathering technique on the bunnys for some fur texture. I think it turned out pretty good but I definitely need more practice on it. I used Karens sweet Sunday sketch for my layout but of course its last weeks sketch. One of these weeks I will actually load a current challenge!LOL!! I do love this sketch though and do you see that?!...4 pieces of dp on my card! Yayy for me!! I rarely can make using lots of dp work (2 is usually my limit!) on my cards but this sketch was perfect for it. The inside of the card says "Motherhood can be a hare raising experience" Hope you have a great day!!
Stamps: High Hopes-Motherhood and sentiment
Paper: kraft, choc chip, BG bittersweet dp
Ink: memento black, copics, antique linen distress ink
Accessories: sponge dauber, nesties, choc chip grosgrain ribbon, pink dew drops, dimensionals

8 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is darling!

Denise Marzec said...

Love all the DP patterns you paired up, and that sentiment is so funny! Love this!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Gorgeous!!!!! Love the colors!

Neva said...

OMGosh Shannon I think this turned out fantastic. Love it. That image is just tooo cute and your coloring, as usual ROCKS!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

So cute! Your furry colouring looks great!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Shannon. I love the paper you used..This layout is awesome.. Great job. You have been busy...:)

Stacey said...

These BG papers look fab in this layout - so pretty! ~x~

Silke Ledlow said...

Holy Smokes GF you were busy!!! Your bunny card is super cute and BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the rich DP you used!!!

Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend!!! Hugs ~S~