Saturday, November 3, 2007

MFTSC03 Teacher Christmas

Ive been wanting to participate in the MFT sketch challenges on the member companies forum and I finally got a chance to today. I'm so behind on all the challenges! I had to change the sketch a little for it to work for my card which I normally dont try to do!

This is for mftsc03. I wanted to use my new KI memories dp and went from there. I paper pieced the teachers skirt and colored her w/prisma pencils. The teacher image is cut out of the box and layered on celery. I had to distress the edges b/c my fiskars messed up one of the sides. (note to self:need new blade!) I used the chalkboard image stamped in garden green and sentiment stamped in bravo burgundy under my angled dp. The image needed a little something more so I stamped the present image from home for the holidays and used my silver stickles. To finish off my card I added silver brads to all four corners.

I had fun making this card mixing the two sets and it was the first time I've tried an out of the box image. It took tow tries but I got it!LOL!

Recipe
stamps:MFT home for the holidays, MFT back to school
Paper: ki memories dp, bravo burgundy, certainly celery, PTI white
Ink: garden green, pink passion, bravo burgundy
Other: silver stickles, silver brads, prismacolor pencils, sponges, dimensionals, oval fiskars

1 comment:

Neva said...

very pretty Shannon. Great job.