Friday, July 22, 2011

You and me together forever

Sorry this is so late today but I was getting so frustrated that I could not get what I considered a good pic of my card today. I loved how my card turned out and it was making me mad because I didnt think that all my coloring details were showing up as well on other photos I had taken. Anywho I went to Mamas today and snapped a few pics of my card using her light tent and got a much better pic to share with you. Im gonna get this indoor photographing of my cards one of these days yall just bear with me!LOL!!

A sweet friend of mine I work with got married over the summer out of state and I didnt get a chance to go. Since we go back to school in 2 weeks I wanted to make her a card to give her. I thought this Tiddly Inks you and me image was perfect for her. I colored the image to look like her and her new hubby. I dont make alot of elegant type cards so I had to dig for some dp to pair with this image!LOL! This retired SU parisian breeze (I think thats the name of it) dp was perfect. I've been practicing on coloring folds in clothes and I wanted her dress to have a more champagne look than white so I used the e40-e43 for her dress. Im so happy with how her dress turned out!! I used this card as a guide where to place my folds. I can color the folds if they are drawn into the stamp but I have a hard time with placing them in the right place without it. This is actually the first time I've tried to color them like this so Im pretty proud. Thanks Cheryl! Of course it had to have sparkle too so I added some SU dazzling diamonds glitter. I used 2 pearls and 2 primas for todays 2 by 2 challenge and I also used this months sfytt for my layout.

Now...for the blog hop winner for Amber Ink....yall are not gonna believe this but the winner is NEVA!LOL!!!! I promise I didnt cheat..Pam picked my winner!LOL! Congrats Mama! You can check out the other blog hop winners here. Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Danni said...

This is just gorgeous!! Love your coloring!!

Neva said...

WOW Shannon this is fabulous. Those prima's are perfect for this.

OMGosh Shannon, I can not believe I won. I never win anything. WOW.

Jennifer Moore said...

I think the photo shows the excellent coloring job. Your friend should love the card.

mamapez5 said...

A charming card, and beautifully made. Well done! Kate x

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Shannon,

I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind.
Hugs from Marina

Please visit my kreative Blog too and enjoy!

Beate said...

Gorgeous coloring and beautiful card!
Hugs and smiles