Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sassy Suzi


Am I the only one who gets on stamping kicks? Right now Im still on my CAS kick and I've been playing in some color challenges lately which I usually dont do b/c I usually just pull out some dp I want to pair with an image and use the colors from it. Most of my newer SU cs has been sitting b/c of that (since I only bought cs and not dp) so I decided to go in search of some color combos using them. For this card I used this weeks Color Q challenge. The challenge this week is to use cherry cobbler, cajun craze, more mustard, and taken w/teal or bermuda bay. So the first thing I have to do when doing a color challenge is pull out a sheet of every color and put them together. Then I try to decide where Im going to use the colors on my image so theres a balance of the colors and I use every colors at least once on the image. I used Sassy Suzi from TGF on this card. Shes just too cute and I love coloring her hair. I used this weeks Mojo sketch for my layout and I couldnt work the cajun craze cs in anywhere with this layout so its just in the image. I even pulled out some of my SU pallette of prints for this one (I have a ton of it!!)! Im so proud of me!LOL!! I do love these colors together!
Copics used: Hair: yr15, 18, e09(cajun craze)
Skin: yr000, e00, e21, e13
Bermuda bay (pants) bg15, 23, and 49
More Mustard (jacket) yr21, yr23, yr24
Cherry Cobbler (shirt) r29, 46, and 59 (lovin this color btw!)

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh I LOVE the color combo you used on her hair!!! I'm going to have to try that! She is so stinkin' cute, and the colors looks fabulous together:)

Neva said...

Awe Shannon she is so precious and your coloring is awesome. I love that color combo. Great job honey.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such gorgeous coloring and the color combo is so fresh and fun. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

*Vicki* said...

So adorable Shannon!! Your coloring is gorgeous!! ;)