Wednesday, July 21, 2010

HG Classy Latte

Sorry I didnt have a chance to post yesterday. My son trying to be a monkey and a trip to the ER took over my stamping time. My children must have something against their mouths because they sure are rough on them. Madison busted her mouth open a little over a month ago jumping off the ladder in the pool and landed on Brayden as he was coming up. Not fun! Yesterday Brayden tried to swing from the counter to the kitchen island and landed face first. He knocked one of his teeth loose and his mouth looks sooo gross today!!

Okay so in all of that fun yesterday I really wanted to do the SCS color challenge. Regal rose is my fave pink so I had to play! As I was pulling out the cs I realized I only had a small strip of regal rose!GASP!! Oh no!! So I went through my pinks and found that PTI hibiscus burst is really close so I used that. Now I dont have the peach parfait cs yet but Betty was so sweet to send me a few suggestions on colors that would be close. She said if you use apricot appeal and sponge it with pumpkin pie it was a close match. She also sent me copics she used to color her flower I think she used yr01, r14, and r24. Well I dont have r14 or r24 so I had to start thinking....so what I did is use yr02, yr20 which is what I use for apricot appeal and yr16 which is what I use for pumpkin pie when coloring. I colored her dress using rv10, rv13, and rv14. For olive colors I used yg93, yg95, and yg97. I also added in some chocolate chip e44, e47, and e49. I wasnt in the mood to use any dp so I pulled out and dusted off some of my background stamps. On the hibiscus burst layer I stamped linen with regal rose ink and I stamped french script onto olive cs with choc chip ink. I used one of the dare to get dirty sketches for my layout. I know this little girl looks like shes ready for a tea party but I didnt have any tea sentiments so I pulled out an oldie stamp from Treehouse Friends and lattes. I think the font of the sentiment looks good with the french script background. That's it for me today! Hope you have a more uneventful day than I did yesterday!LOL!!

11 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

LINDA said...

This is so adorable!! Love the colors and the darling little image is colored perfectly!!
Hugs, Linda

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi Shannon...sounds like you have your hands full...LOL!!! Hope your son will recover quickly!!!

Your card is totally cute!!! As always your coloring is fabbo!!! Hugs ~S~

Neva said...

AWE Shannon this is so, so adorable. Love that image. Great job on these challenges.

Dawn B. said...

Oh ouchie... that must have hurt.. Lots of ice cream...This is beautiful.. LOVE your coloring..

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Shannon! What a day you had yesterday! Poor kiddos too!

I do love your card..and your coloring...wow...just wow!
Hugs,
Lisa

Lisa Lara said...

Gosh she's cute Shannon. Your layout compliments her nicely.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, sorry about the kiddo. I bet he won't try that one again. ;)

SUPER sweet card!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Well you had quite a day, didn't you!! Kids sure keep us hoppin' don't they?? My #2 son is having hip surgery as I type (and he's soon to be 42!....so you see, it never ends!) I love your sweet card, and your FAB coloring, GF!!

crafty amy said...

When I saw this stamp she did not jump out at me but you have totally changed my mind about her this is stunning!!

Hugs

Amy xx

crafty amy said...

Ooops got so hooked on your card I also ment to add that I hope your 2 heal quickly lol I am 1 of 4 and we between us our parents spent way too much time in various A&E's all over the place!

xx