Saturday, March 20, 2010

Recollections Happy Day


FINALLY!! I actually made a card I liked!LOL! Im telling yall...Ive been struggling! The worst part about it is I cant put my finger on my prob!LOL! So my plan is just to stamp through it! On my last trip to Micheals I picked up this cute Friends Forever Recollections dp. If I havent said it before I'll say it again I LOVE Recollections dp! I love the little tab at the bottom of the dp with the Bazzill dp that coordinates with it but I didnt use Bazzill with this card I used SU Bermuda Bay and Old Olive. I colored up this adorable Oh Happy Day Anya to match the dp then added some cinnamon and stardust stickles to her belt, ponytail holders, and stars. I just love her pigtails!!LOL!! I left my nesties alone for this one and just used a rectangle and sponged the edges with Antique Linen. I had to pull out the skinny ribbon on this one since I didnt have any wider ribbon to match and Im out of wide white! When everyone first started using wide ribbon I didnt like it! I stuck with my skinny ribbon and somehow started using the the wider ribbon and when I used the skinny ribbon on this card I had found I do prefer the wider ribbon!LOL! Im sure thats something you just HAD to hear but oh well Im in a chatty mood! Im just so excited I actually got a card made!LOL!! I punched a star out of the notebook looking dp and put a rhinestone in the center of it for a little bling. I used Tracy's ESS sketch for my layout. It was a fun sketch to work with.

10 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I got the very same paper too Shannon! I just love it! It goes so sweetly with the little Anya!! Fabulous coloring! TFS!!

Neva said...

Shannon this is just fantastic, I love that image and that dp too. So glad to see you working through your stampin' issues. Keep'em coming.

Dawn B. said...

Such a sweet card.. I don't see any struggles here.. I too love the Recollections paper.. My fav.. Great job..

ChristineCreations said...

Shannon what great colors! I love how the DP looks too - and as usual, amazing coloring!

Glad you had a wonderful vacation!

Denise Marzec said...

Awwww, so sweet!

Angela said...

Shannon, I just love this paper!! I still haven't ordered this stamp set yet!! She is just adorable!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Tracy said...

LOVE these colors Shannon! You so rocked this weeks sketch. I'd say there's nothing wrong with your mojo girl. This card proves it. AWESOME!!! Thanks for playing along.

Hugs,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

wow! great coloring! and papers are fantastic -anthonette

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Oh, she is a cutie! I love Recollections DP too!