Thursday, August 13, 2009

Marrakech Bear


Isnt it funny how the right challenge can get your mojo going?! I sat down twice yesterday to make a card using the sketch and it just never came together. After I got home today I took a peek at todays WT challenge. The challenge for today is variegated color. I knew I had to use this ribbon I came across the other day while putting all my loose ribbon on my new ribbon ring. I *heart* my ribbon ring btw!! After looking at the ribbon I remembered the colors in it matched the marrakech dp I pulled out to use since I havent used one sheet of it. I used I heart papers new stamp set Into the forest. I love this little bear! He reminds me of Yogi!LOL! I colored him using copics and added some background color using my primsacolor pencils and gamsol. I also stamped a flower image from the set in his hand. Oh...and as I was trying to tie the bow I remembered why I have so much of this ribbon!LOL! Its not easy to tie!

Stamps: Into the forest
Paper: Coredinations orange, choc chip, bg marrakech dp, white
Ink: memento black, copics e43, e44, e47, e49, yr61, yr65, yr69, r24, r27, r29
Accessories: prismacolor pencils, gamsol, ribbon, dimenisionals, paper piercer, silver brads, bling

4 comments:

Neva said...

Shannon these dp sheets go perfect with that darling ribbon. Great job on the sketch and WT challenge. I love it.

Denise Marzec said...

Oooohhhhh, LOVE that multi-colored ribbon!!

i {heart} papers said...

So cute! Your bow looks perfect!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shannon.

Hugs Riet.x