Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Aloha Leilani


I love ballet blue so I had to play along in todays color challenge. My girls have put in some request for cards to give their friends since its getting close to the end of the school year. As if I wasnt already behind on their teachers cards!LOL! I thought this little girl from High hopes would be perfect! I started the card with a sketch but had to completely change it. I colored and outlined the image using copics. I added stardust stickles to the flowers. Shes just so cute shes gotta have a little sparkle!!LOL!! I popped the image up on dimensionals and stamped the sentiment along the ballet blue panel. I added some wasabi (green pea) brads from Pink hedgehog papercrafts between the sentiment. I wanted them to be more centered but oh well!They look like wasabi periods!LOL! After I got my card put together the right side looked a little bare so I added some paper piercing.

Stamps: Leilani, aloha sentiment
Paper: wild wasabi, cameo coral, ballet blue, white
Ink: memento black, copics r22, rv42,yg25, yg63, b21, b23, b24, e51, e53, e59, e49, e47, c1, stardust stickles
Accessories: blue ribbon from Michaels, coral ribbon, dimensionals, paper piercer, wasabi brads from pink hedgehog papercrafts

4 comments:

Neva said...

I just know whoever gets this card will be thrilled. It is just tooo adorable. Love your coloring.

Stacey said...

Aww, this is such a fun card! I really love the bold and simple colours you have used ~♥~

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Shannon.

Hugs Riet.x

ChristineCreations said...

I wanted to say this yesterday Shannon, but I never had time too..she's adorable, I love her sparkly flower lei on her head!